Starting from June, 1 2012 we accept only electronic application forms filled online at http://visa.kdmid.ru.
The old ones are not excepted anymore.
THE CONSULAR SECTION OF THE RUSSIAN EMBASSY IN LUXEMBURG
116, Rue Cyprien Merjai, L-2145, Luxemburg
Business Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday from 10.00 to 12.00
Telephone: (+352) 26 68 74 76
Fax: (+352) 26 68 33 43
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN A RUSSIAN PRIVATE VISA
(to visit your relatives or friends)
THINGS YOU HAVE TO KNOW
1. Permission to enter the Russian Federation is a courtesy of the State.
2. In accordance with the International Law, the Consulate in certain cases reserves the right to consider your visa applications for as long as it deems necessary.
3. Consular Officer reserves the right to invite the Applicant to be interviewed in person.
4. The Consular Section is empowered to give visas to Luxemburg citizens and for subjects of other nationalities that have valid residence permits.
4. Visa can be denied if the Consulate has serious reasons to believe that the Applicant’s visit to the Russian Federation is not desirable, and the disclosure of the reason for the denial can be withheld.
5. Visa processing fees received from the applicant are not subject for reimbursement in case of subsequent
6. The payment can be done both by bank debit card in Consulate or in the bank to the Embassy’s account
7. Paid visa fees are not refundable.
8. Visa applications submitted with documents that differ from that described below are not to be processed.
9. After you obtain a visa together with your passport, you should look through it carefully. If there are any mistakes, the Consular Section will correct it immediately. Mistakes done by yourself are to be corrected at your own expense. The Consular Section is not responsible for the mistakes that were not pointed out before your departure.
CITIZENS OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION REGARDLESS OF ANY OTHER CITIZENSHIP THEY HAVE MUST TRAVEL TO RUSSIA ON VALID RUSSIAN DOCUMENTS ONLY.
TO OBTAIN A VISA YOU SHOULD SUBMIT TO THE CONSULATE THE COMPLET DOSSIER (in person):
1. Original of completed visa application form, one per person.
Completed visa application must be signed by the Applicant. All entries on the form must be typed or printed in block letters in English or Russian. Incomplete visa application forms shall not be processed.
2. Passport or other travel document in original. At least three pages of the passport should be free from notes.
3. One photocopy of information pages of the passport.
4. THE CITIZENS OF OTHER COUNTRIES (NON-LUXEMBURG) NEED TO PRESENT A RESIDENCE CARD OR ANY OTHER CONFIRMATION OF THEIR PERMANENT RESIDENCE IN LUXEMBOURG OR WORK AT LUXEMBURG FIRM
5. One professional passport photo sized picture of each applicant. (Photo booth pictures are acceptable).
6. The most important application document to be submitted is an INVITATION. It is to be arranged by YOUR HOSTS through the local office of the Interior Ministry in Russia (it is called FMS) and to be submitted only in original. Invitation is valid for one year from the date of its issuance (or as indicated). The allowed period of stay is shown on the document and is not to exceed 90 days.
If applying for a double entry visa, it should be specifically mentioned in the invitation.
We advise to have a copy of your invitation with you to present to the custom’s officers if it’s necessary.
7. In the case of an emergency (unexpected illness, death, etc. of close relatives) a private visa can be obtained within several hours upon the submission of a certified document from a Russian hospital or a copy of a death certificate. Documents confirming relationship are required.
8. Health insurance (copy), that is valid in the Russian Federation during your trip. Prior to your visit, consult your medical insurance issuer for details. On the basis of reciprocity mandatory medical insurance is required for the citizens of Estonia, Israel and Finland, as well as for the citizens of Schengen Agreement Member-States (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain and other Schengen states).
9. Payment of the visa fees must be exact, made by a credit card. The cost of visas for Shengen countries citizens are the following: 10 business days -35 Euros, 3 business days – 70 Euros.
THERE MAY BE ADDITIONAL CONSULAR FEES or REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-SHENGEN STATES CITIZENS. CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS.
ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT ONCE. UNCOMPLETED SETS WILL BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANTS WITHOUT PROCESSING. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DOCUMENTS BY FAX OR E-MAIL.
ANY APPLICATION NOT CONFORMING COMPLETELY TO THE ABOVE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
VlSA FEES ARE NON REFUNDABLE.
Visa extension or corrections are not possible. In case visa requires extension or correction, applicant will have to reapply for a new visa. It is not possible to expedite visa processing after your documents have been accepted by the Consulate. The Consulate will not bear any responsibility for the errors in visas, which were not brought to our attention before departure from Luxemburg.
All paperwork once submitted is not subject to any change of the announced visa processing period or the period of stay in Russia indicated in invitation available at the moment of submission. If applicant needs to make changes in submitted paperwork, all documentation will be returned to applicant for resubmission. The visa-processing fee paid is not refundable.
Children apply for separate visas if they travel on their own passports. Non-traveling parents must confirm in an affidavit their consent for their children’s travel. If the child’s surname differs from that of his (her) parents, a copy of the child’s birth certificate must be enclosed.
Applicants who used to be citizens of the USSR or of the Russian Federation and then emigrated from the USSR or from Russia must submit: one of the documents which confirms that they are no longer citizens of the Russian Federation (so called «Visa to Israel» or stamp in their passport saying that they left for «permanent residence abroad» before the 6th of February, 1992 or official document certifying that their Russian citizenship was abrogated), otherwise the applications will not be accepted.
The Consulate does not issue visas to any other CIS.